Being in business can be a daunting and sometimes lonely adventure.
As a business owner, you can lose direction and end up asking yourself why you started a business in the first place.
I know I have several times.
I first discovered the quote below about 25 years ago (gulp) when I launched my first consulting business after running successful service-based businesses for over 10 years (home improvements and pool cleaning).
"I think that maybe inside any business, there is someone slowly going crazy.” Joseph Heller – Something Happened.
The one thing that stopped my craziness was setting personal and business goals.
As a solopreneur, I wanted to leap out of bed each morning knowing what I needed to achieve to create my dream future rather than wandering around aimlessly, letting every day create itself and getting know where.
25 years ago I completed my personal goals. Every year during my Christmas break I figuratively "go sit on a rock" and review and update my goals.
If you feel like you are going a little bit crazy in your business I have listed below 8 questions you might like to ask yourself and also included my online easy to print version that you can download for free.
Maybe it is time to stop going crazy and start achieving your personal goals today!
1) What do I want my life to look like?
2) How do I want my life to feel on a day-to-day basis?
3) What would I like to be able to say I truly know about my life?
4) How would I like to be with other people in my life?
My business associates
5) How would I like those people to think about me?
6) What would I like to be doing?
2 years from now?
5 years from now?
10 years from now?
7) What specifically would I like to learn during my life?
8) How much money will I need to do the things I want to do and when?
Let me know how you go.